Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Talk To The Paw

Remember when I told you about Peanut & Chopper needing a home? The mommies have been asking for donations to help pay for boarding and so many people contributed! Thank you! Well, the other day, the place Peanut & Chopper were being boarded said they had to leave. They had been there too long. I don't really understand that, since Mommy had been paying for them to stay there, but what do I know? I'm a dog. I asked Work Mommy if she could explain it to me and she said no, she didn't understand either, which makes me wonder what her excuse is.

Real Mommy is a Leave No Dog Behind kind of lady, so she knew she had to do something. She talked to Real Daddy and they decided to bring Peanut & Chopper home with them until we can find them a foster home.
Peanut: I think he might be wearing my old harness that kind of doesn't fit me anymore due to Frosting Day
Chopper, looking handsome and pooped out after playing catch with Work Mommy all afternoon
So anyway, when I said my friends needed a home, I didn't necessarily mean MY home, which, you know, is mine. I mean, Nikita is the Top Dog and may have been there first, but we have an understanding that as long as I don't make too many demands or eat too many of her clothes, I can be the Runner-Up Dog. I have a particular way of doing things--I like to mess up the warm laundry by myself and I like to use Mommy's back as lumbar support while we watch t.v. and I like to eat my slippers in private, thankyouverymuch!

When Peanut & Chopper came into the house, I was like, "What the diggity? Why are you sniffing around my couch?" They went all around the house and checked out the yard where I chase chipmunks. They jumped up on furniture and jumped back down. They checked out every inch of our house! I was afraid I would have to share my bed with these newbies but Mommy set up a crate for them in a separate area so I did what any self -respecting dog would do in my situation:
I went and peed in their crate to show them what's what.
Yeah. That's right. I do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment