Friday, December 20, 2013

I've Been Good All Year!*

*Well, maybe not all year, but at least yesterday and a couple of days back in July....

Yesterday was my last work day with Work Mommy before Christmas, so she made me go to work even though it was freezing out and "snaining"--a combination of snow & rain--and all I wanted to do was stay under the covers all day.

Anyway, she wanted to give Nikita & me our Christmas presents! First, she served us the special cake she made us, saving a couple of pieces for Dexter who had the day off. I made sure to eat mine really slowly, savoring each bite, delicately nibbling each morsel....
I'm thinking of that famous quote by Miss Piggy: "Never eat more than you can lift"
Then it was time for presents! Nikita opened hers first. It was a special holiday hat! I may have accidently on purpose eaten Nikita's special pink party hat on her 14th birthday, so Work Mommy wanted her to have something festive to wear on Christmas.
Nikita is so happy! She loves hats as much as I love slippers!
I opened my present and I didn't know what to do. It was slippers! Slippers of my very own to chew or hide or shred to my heart's delight. It smelled like a set-up. I eyed Work Mommy suspiciously and then Real Mommy put me in the slippers. Was this a trap? I'm still not sure if there's going to be a stake-out to prove I'm the slipper-shredder at home. They'll never catch me!
Nikita photobombed my special moment!
I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family and friends, furry and non-furry. May your holiday be filled with love, gratitude and cake! See you all soon!

Love,
Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment