Okay, I love a white Christmas as much as the next dog, but really? REALLY? We had a cold spell hit us here at Lake Arrowhead like a 2x4 upside the head! We got rain and snow and cold and now, bitter cold wind! It's been so cold, I didn't even want to get out of bed. Oooh, speaking of beds, Dexter's Mommy bought him a new bed and fuzzy blanket to keep at the store so he'd stop wrecking the piles of towels the Mommies use to clean. Dexter's new bed is
really cozy, so I may have sneaked a tiny little nap in it on his day off.
 |
| Don't tell Dexter! |
So last week, I was busy being asleep, when some important-looking people came into the store. They were representatives from Tim Donnelly's office (CA Assembly-R.) and wanted to give me an award! ME! I mean, maybe it had a little to do with my mommy supporting a Designated Driver program, but I think I was the main draw here. They wanted to thank ME, and take pictures with ME, and then they gave ME this certificate!
.JPG) |
Don't drink and drive....or eat slippers
|
After all that excitement, it was time to get back to work. It's almost Christmas! The busiest time of the year! Mommy is making sure she has enough sweaters and coats and booties for all the good dogs out there and Work Mommy is baking treats and stocking the shelves. Everyone at the store is asking for donations for rescue dogs this Christmas who don't have a home yet. If you want to contribute a dollar or 2, that would be great! Santa will be leaving special discounts under the tree for you if you help. If you want to support Lake Arrowhead Village merchants, come visit us on Locals Night, Dec. 12th! We're open until 8 p.m. that night--that's pretty late for me. I like to be snuggled into the couch at home by 7, wedged up against Daddy and Nikita for maximum warmth. I hope you stop by!
Until then, I'll be dreaming of a white, slightly warmer, Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment