I know most dogs (and people) don't think this is a real day, but where I work every Thursday is Frosting Day! Really.
Since I work at a bakery, I'm constantly surrounded by yummy things I'm not supposed to steal and eat. But, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, how is a dog NOT supposed to sample all the goodies, I ask you? So when Thursdays roll around and Work Mommy makes a big batch of dog-friendly frosting, I sit on her feet until she notices me and lets me lick the beater.
Sometimes I have to share it with my best friend Lucky, my co-worker Dexter, and my sister Nikita. Today, it was just me and my sister, so I tried to keep up because her tongue is so much bigger than mine.
Jeez Nikita, where'd you get that huge tongue? Costco? I may have given Work Mommy sad eyes(tm) so she'd let me have an extra lick or two without any competition. Nikita likes Frosting Day almost as much as I do, so I have to work fast.
Up until this point, I was having a great day! I barked, I got belly rubs, I howled. Life was good! Then....this.
| Really? |
Work Mommy had me model our new Christmas bow ties, which, you know, was fine. But then she picked me up and paraded me around the store, taking my paw and "waving" at the customers! Man. How will I ever show my face at the dog park again? Will I ever get another date? Does anyone know what "dapper" means, because she kept saying how handsome and "dapper" I looked. Will the security guards ever fear me again, because a dog in a bow tie does not look threatening! I'm going to have to bite a lot of ankles to get my rep back.
[Shameless plug: Holiday bow ties available at Three Dog Bakery in Lake Arrowhead, CA. E-mail my mommies and they'll hook you up! tdb@threedogbakeryarrowhead.com]
No comments:
Post a Comment