Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Typical Day

Hewwo again.
 Since I'm a working dog--not like a Border Collie or Shetland Sheepdog or any of those other dogs that chase around farm animals and call it "work"--a real, honest-to-goodness 9 to 5 working dog, I thought I would share my typical day.
 I get to work after barking at all the security guards (they drive silly little golf carts and I feel like it's my calling, no, duty! to let them know who's really in charge.) It's November and it's chilly. Don't believe anyone who says I have enough body fat to keep me warm because I'm skinny and freezing! I'm a twig, I tell you! So I park my rear end right against the bakery case exhaust vent which is nice and toasty.
 After I warm up for 3 hours, it's time for lunch.
 Work Mommy makes miso soup every day and I have my own dish. We eat together in Miso Corner, which is the lunch table in the back room. I named it Miso Corner all by my myself because it's in a corner and it's where I eat miso. See what I did there?
 Real Mommy wants me to get some real work done, so I get to work on all the accounting and emails. There's so much to do! I really need an assistant. I sort of look like I belong on the set of Mad Men here, don't I? Just pour me a scotch and call me Dog Draper.
 Well, that's about it. Thanks for joining me at work. I'm pretty tired now so I'm going to go home and curl up in a nice big pile of warm laundry and possibly chew on Mommy's slipper. The only one that's left. (Don't ask about the other one, please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment