Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Day Off


Hewwo!
It's not easy being an indispensable employee at the bakery. I mean, who else is going to bark to let my mommies know when people come in or clean all the dishes or find the crumbs that fall on the floor? Mine are very long work days, too. If dog years are roughly 7:1, then my work hours come out to be about...let's see, 7 times 8, carry the 1....huh. Well, it's long. Trust me.

When I finally get a day off (aren't there dog labor laws in this country?) I have so much to do! First, I have to clean my room and gather all the laundry.
Then I have to fold it all when it comes out of the dryer. It's very warm, so I like to tunnel into it to sleep---err, find any socks with static cling. Yeah. That's it. Static cling.
After that, I have to make sure I take good care of Nikita. She's a little older than I am, so it's important that she gets her exercise, plenty of rest and a good face massage. I only do this for her. In no way am I using her for her warmth, I just want to make that clear.
Tomorrow I go back to work. I would retire but Work Mommy would be lost without me. Plus, it's baking day and she needs me to act as Quality Control. I'll try to leave some cookies for the rest of you, but I'm not going to make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment