Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I've been thinking about how thankful I am. Every year around the food bowls, my family and I say at least one thing we're thankful for--I usually just say "food" and shove something in my mouth.
This year, though, I want to tell you what's important to me:
Friends and Family!
.JPG) |
My BFF, Lucky
|
This is Lucky. He's my best friend in the whole world! Lucky is spending Thanksgiving at my house because his family is traveling. Lucky helps me seek and destroy slippers, but we never get in trouble--how could we? Mommies can't punish you when you have friends over.
Look what happened to my other friend today. This is Mika. He and his sister Izzy come into the bakery every week or so to visit and eat treats. Today Mika came in solo. Uh-oh. Turns out Izzy ran off today and Mika and his parents had to go all over the place, looking for Izzy! They finally found her and as punishment, Izzy had to stay home while Mika got to come in and eat a huge piece of cake, all to himself.
 |
Mika, the good dog!
|
Moral of the story? Don't go "exploring" outside of your yard without permission. And certainly don't do it on the day Mommy & Daddy were going to take you to the Village to go to the dog bakery! Oh, and don't give your brother an attitude when he comes home and his breath smells like cake.
A couple years ago, I was sleeping outside on a piece of cardboard, sometimes in the rain. Now I have a family who loves me, and lots of friends, and a sister and a Work Mommy. I pretty much hit the doggy Superlotto!
 |
Hewwo! Don't I look thankful?
|
Just a little reminder that not every dog is as lucky as I am. If you can help any dog find a home, even if it's for a little while, I'll love you forever. They'll love you forever. Thanksgiving goes both ways, and dogs have a way of showing their thanks every day.
That's as mushy as I'll get today. Happy Thanksgiving! Really.
Pass the gravy!
No comments:
Post a Comment